• Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Ideas for W/D Connection in kitchen??

Evan Parker
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 28 2022, 18:06

So as the title says I have an older property lined up that I'm trying to renovate for a rental and within the kitchen there's a W/D connection right next to the stove and fridge in a very awkward way. Question I have is, how would you address this if you were looking to rehab it?

Would you consider making some kind of cubby/room thing in that location that would semi-block off the W/D from the rest of the kitchen? Maybe in a stacked manner? Would you just ignore it? Or? All ideas are welcomed

Property is in a C class area and is an older property from the 1920s. 

Looking forward to getting ideas from you all! 

Description of the pic: that door leads to the back yard and I'm standing in the opposite corner of the kitchen to give you an idea of the space I'm dealing with. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 28 2022, 18:42

While this setup is very typical In c rentals, I agree that it’s not ideal. If there is a place for a stackable unit, I’d relocate it. Just make sure you don’t spend more for this project than you can reasonably expect to receive in increased rent for the more desirable layout. 

User Stats

Votes
Noah P Bonds
Pro Member
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jul 28 2022, 18:59

Doing something similar on a few of my units. I try to build a closet around them, but that's a tight kitchen. Try to avoid relocating the plumbing/electrical to keep costs down. Maybe leave it as is and use front loader machines - then you could put a folding table thing above the machines for more counter space. I'd also try for a microwave hood and vent to the outside.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes