Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
John Pneumonic
Votes |
Full Window Replacements: Architect or Interior Designer or None

John Pneumonic
Posted Aug 4 2022, 11:31

The selling point of a new foreclosed flip house I'm working on is the land so I'm looking to install new, modern windows that brings in more light and provides better views of the backyard. I'm using a General Contractor but wondering if this type of thing would normally require an architect even if it's of the utmost importance that I do not do anything to the house that would require building permit/approval. Any advice would help.

User Stats

Votes
Micki Sluyter
  • Investor
  • Pinedale, WY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pinedale, WY
Replied Aug 10 2022, 07:48

Hi, I am a window sales person in Wyoming, 50/50 new construction/rehab.  I would save your money and talk to a local window/door person.  Unless you are dealing with a very high end property they should be able to help.  Ask your general if you are planning on making any of the windows bigger or changing their size.  Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Sergey A. Petrov
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 10 2022, 09:19

In a single family structure with no permitting requirements you are probably ok without an architect. Just make sure your contractor knows how to properly waterproof the openings/new window frames, etc

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.