• Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Be Careful with Scammers!!!!

Thiago Oliveira
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Aug 15 2022, 19:33

Hi everyone.  I'm putting out this info because I got ripped off by a company in San Antonio  called 3 sixty group. They called themselves as contractors but are nothing but scammers. I lost over 40k so far. They don't answer phone calls anymore and definitely don't provide a quality service.  Sergio Benavidez and Gerard Wilson are the main point of contact. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Aug 16 2022, 08:05
Quote from @Thiago Oliveira:

Hi everyone.  I'm putting out this info because I got ripped off by a company in San Antonio  called 3 sixty group. They called themselves as contractors but are nothing but scammers. I lost over 40k so far. They don't answer phone calls anymore and definitely don't provide a quality service.  Sergio Benavidez and Gerard Wilson are the main point of contact. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

What were they doing for you? Were they the contractor? Were they licensed? 

User Stats

Votes
Thiago Oliveira
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 16 2022, 15:28

Hi. They supposed to do remodel my whole house in San Antonio  Texas. After the first two draws, 21k total, he need more money to keep doing the job. The third draw was for 31k. One week after getting the money Sergio dissappear.  No contact,  emails or nothing like that.  

In the following week I got ahold of his partner,  Gerard. He kept working in the house untill after his last draw when he disappeared leaving the house completely undone.

I'm getting another contractor to finished house for me  but, again, they are not contractors. They are thieves trying to take advantage of out of state investors.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Loren Polito
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 16 2022, 17:31
Quote from @Thiago Oliveira:

Hi. They supposed to do remodel my whole house in San Antonio  Texas. After the first two draws, 21k total, he need more money to keep doing the job. The third draw was for 31k. One week after getting the money Sergio dissappear.  No contact,  emails or nothing like that.  

In the following week I got ahold of his partner,  Gerard. He kept working in the house untill after his last draw when he disappeared leaving the house completely undone.

I'm getting another contractor to finished house for me  but, again, they are not contractors. They are thieves trying to take advantage of out of state investors.

Sorry to hear that….I had something similar happen to me on a flip I was doing before I was able to find solid and reliable contractors. I was lucky that I have able to recoup some of the money by hiring a good construction attorney and filing a lawsuit against the contractor and we settled. Let me know if you are thinking about going that route and I can send you the attorneys contact. She specializes in things like this. 

User Stats

Votes
Thiago Oliveira
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 17 2022, 19:30

Yeah I would love that info. Thanks a lot. Not sure if I will be able to recover the money. 

User Stats

Votes
Loren Polito
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 17 2022, 20:17

@Thiago Oliveira

Send me a message and I’ll give you her contact. It won’t let me post her contact here.