• St. George, UT
Votes |
Advice on finding properties....

Josh Wright
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. George, UT
Posted Nov 15 2022, 11:39

Hello!

My name is Josh Wright.  I am a REALTOR in St. George, Utah. I am wondering if you all have any insights on finding properties to buy and flip?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony L Amos Jr
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 15 2022, 12:50
Quote from @Josh Wright:

Hello!

My name is Josh Wright.  I am a REALTOR in St. George, Utah. I am wondering if you all have any insights on finding properties to buy and flip?

Thanks!

Driving for dollars, calling bandit signs and working with wholesalers, following up with other realtors you meet and ask for pocket listings, and direct mail to distressed properties are a few ways to find discounted properties to flip

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 15 2022, 21:51

What have you done so far to find them? I would recommend driving for dollars and door knocking 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
John Mathew
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Nov 16 2022, 13:59

Hey there Josh! Finding homes to flip in this condition can be done through popular online listing websites or through manual and creative methods like searching public records and advertising on signs. There are multiple offline strategies to help you find a house to flip. While they will take more time and effort than searching online or speaking with real estate professionals, they can be a lucrative way to find properties to flip.

Check out this list of offline sources for finding properties to flip:

• Public records
  • Tax records
  • Probate court
  • Driving for dollars

You can also try auctions. Most real estate auctions sell houses that are bank-owned, foreclosed, short sales, or in preforeclosure. This makes them an ideal place to find homes to flip because starting bids are usually well below market value, and the final sale amount only depends on your budget and your competition.

Hope this helps Josh!