• Rental Property Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
Help me design this flip! Paint colors, interior design, flooring

Jeremy H.
  • Lafayette, LA
Posted Jan 30 2023, 09:58

I just got a house under contract close to college campus - 4 bed/3 bath. Should turn out to be a good long term one. 

I was hoping to get some help on what more experienced minds would do with this one as far as interior/exterior colors & features. 

So far I'm thinking for the interior SW Agreeable grey (walls), SW Extra White (trim, doors, cabinets). Then stained wood/butcher block for the countertops - just to match what is existing with the countertops and the flooring. It's a 1930s house, so very old but in decent shape. In 2013 they added central AC, hardwired alarm/fire system, insulation, 22 new double paned windows, so it's been modernized somewhat. 

What would you do for the exterior?  Window screens/wood I'll just spray black. All rotted wood is getting repaired. Mainly looking for a good color scheme (not blue and white - too played out here) This is a lively area of town, revitalizing, college kids, kind of "hippy" if you will. 

Here's the paint color/look I'm going for (example home below):

Here's the home I'm working with:

Front Exterior

Jack & Jill Bathroom 

Living Room (windows all to the left)

Kitchen Area 

Kitchen area again (Refrigerator would go to the left, door to a bedroom would also be to the left of the refrigerator). Countertop/Cabinet area to the right?

Second bathroom - shower stall is to the right, toilet across from the sink

User Stats

Votes
William Graham
  • Lender
  • Little Rock, AR
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Little Rock, AR
Replied Jan 30 2023, 10:18

My wife has her business doing CAD for Kitchen&Bath remodeling and works with several designers doing interior and exterior renderings.  If you are interested, send me a DM with your contact information, and I will put you in contact with her. If you want her to complete computer drawings, she would need measurements, including elevations. But that is what she does in her business.  She works with General Contractors and Design Agencies, completing this work for them based on ten years in the construction industry and five years in kitchen/bath CAD.  

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Haanen
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jan 30 2023, 10:59

I used Agreeable grey and pure white in my recent renovation:

Bathroom we used reflection gray (more of a cool tone)

We refinished the floors and used Duralux stain English Chestnut which turned out beautifully.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy H.
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied Jan 30 2023, 15:15
Quote from @Tyler Haanen:
I used Agreeable grey and pure white in my recent renovation:

Bathroom we used reflection gray (more of a cool tone)

We refinished the floors and used Duralux stain English Chestnut which turned out beautifully.

Gotcha man - that came out awesome. I really want to do a grey/white one with stained wood. I'm just unsure if the agreeable grey will turn out too warm - I don't think I could go wrong with it (changes color depending on the light it seems like)

It'll be the basic white cultured marble countertops (actually have a few leftover from past jobs), with chrome nickel fixtures like you've got. Home Depot usually has some fixtures on the clearance isle here.  

User Stats

Votes
Alyssa Alayvilla
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Jan 30 2023, 17:02

Hi Jeremy,

Congrats on locking up a solid property! I own DESIGN HAUS INTERIORS and I'd love to give my input. So far, I love your idea of going with SW Agreeable Grey for walls and SW Extra White for trim, doors and cabinets. 

It doesn't seem like the interior will need much work other than minimal updates here and there. 

For the exterior, I would just make it simple and make the main paint white, and all accents that are currently painted blue - black. 

I'd be happy to jump on an Introductory call. You can also feel free to send me a PM. 

Alyssa