Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Banks
Votes |
ILLINOIS HOUSE FLIPPERS! Looking to learn, willing to work!

Aaron Banks
Posted Feb 1 2023, 06:52

Hello, my name is Aaron, I’m new to investing and I’m wanting to learn how to flip. I’m not asking for freebies or looking for handouts; I’d like to bring value. I’ve been doing some wholesaling and I’m willing to get my hands dirty.

Any investors out there willing to let me shadow a job or two, where we partner on the deal?

I’ll bring the deal! I can find, negotiate, and lock up a deal that meets your criteria all I ask if for us to partner on the flip and split the profits 20/80 (20% my way).

If anyone is interested let’s connect and see if we’d make a good team!

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Feb 1 2023, 07:27

First, what skills can you bring to the deal? Do you want to help negotiate deals? Do you want to do some of the physical labor? Are you bringing any capital? It's a lot easier for a flipper to know if you're a good fit for their business if they know what you can and can't help with.

Second, I highly suggest attending your local meetups. You're much more likely to be connected to the right people there. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Banks
Votes |
Replied Feb 1 2023, 07:49

@Nicole Heasley thank you for responding, I am able to find properties, negotiate deals, and be boots on the ground, as I said I’m willing to put In the work. I don’t have the capital to bring to the table so I’m willing to get in and get my hands dirty. Thanks again!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mark Faustrum
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Elgin, IL
Votes |
  • Elgin, IL
Replied Feb 1 2023, 08:17

@Aaron Banks in addition to what @Nicole Heasley Beitenman mentioned listed more specific area would be helpful. Illinois is a big(ish) state is about a 6.5 hour drive from one end to the other (north-south).

List what area you are looking for such as west suburbs, Chicago (list neighborhoods), south suburbs etc. I know you are just starting out and looking for anything you can get into but something more specific that will help investors that focus an area you can, reasonably make it too and help out in, will make it more likely to get a response.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Banks
Votes |
Replied Feb 1 2023, 09:03

@Mark Faustrum thanks for your response! I live in central IL so anything within 3 hours of me I’m willing to commute, I have reliable transportation, and family in northern and southern IL. I also did focus a lot of time in the Indianapolis markets, making the trip to Indianapolis 1-2 times a week to just get started. So I’m motivated and committed to making it work when I can.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Faustrum
  • Elgin, IL
Votes |
  • Elgin, IL
Replied Feb 1 2023, 12:27
Quote from @Aaron Banks:

@Mark Faustrum thanks for your response! I live in central IL so anything within 3 hours of me I’m willing to commute, I have reliable transportation, and family in northern and southern IL. I also did focus a lot of time in the Indianapolis markets, making the trip to Indianapolis 1-2 times a week to just get started. So I’m motivated and committed to making it work when I can.

Try adding larger towns that are you willing to go to, many of us have keywords set up as filters and that may help trigger some responses in the area(s) you are in. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Feb 2 2023, 08:29
Quote from @Aaron Banks:

@Nicole Heasley thank you for responding, I am able to find properties, negotiate deals, and be boots on the ground, as I said I’m willing to put In the work. I don’t have the capital to bring to the table so I’m willing to get in and get my hands dirty. Thanks again!

That's what I would lead with. Instead of asking, "Can I shadown/partner with you," approach the conversation as an offer: "I have a proven track record finding and negotiating deals. I'm looking to learn XYZ. Could I take some of the hunting and negotiating off your plate in exchange for getting to shadow and observe ____?"