Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes

Any experienced Wholesalers? Am I making a mistake?

Michael Loperena
Posted Apr 20 2023, 17:13

Im seeing opportunities that could possible be great fix n flips. My biggest concern is that if I put a property under contract and can’t find any buyers I’m screwed. I know that this concern comes from a lack of knowing whether or not what I’m looking at is a good deal. I’ve learned a majority of how to wholesale through Jerry Nortons Yt channel but, I’m having trouble pulling the trigger! What can I do to help myself?! Please if someone can point me in the right direction.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Ficco
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Reno, NV
Replied Apr 20 2023, 17:24

Make sure you have an inspection contingency in the contract. That's what its for. We contract most everything with 21 day inspection 30 day close. If you cancel on day 20, you get your EMD back, if you cancel on day 22, seller should keep your EMD. Easiest way to do it when you're new is to basically just do acquisitions for a good buyer. You wont make as much but it's half the work and you'll learn a lot. Find a buyer that will actually pull the trigger on stuff and go find him a deal. Build some trust so you don't worry about him going behind your back to steal the deal from you. Lean on him to tell you what he'll pay for it. Then go get it in contract for less than that number. Let him confirm his rehab during the inspection contingency and make an easy fee. You can try to max out your fee later when you know what you're doing

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Apr 21 2023, 03:58

Building your buyers list before you put property under contract is essential. Know who your customers are before providing the product. You will have an option period in your contract, the property should be assigned before that expires.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Caden Wakim
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nationwide
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nationwide
Replied Apr 21 2023, 10:16

I agree with @Eliott Elias here. If you can build a relationship with even 3-5 active buyers in that market it could be a game changer for you. If you get good at finding a good deal, disposing it should be a relatively easier task.

User Stats

Votes
Vanie Mikaelian
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles
Replied Apr 21 2023, 20:07

You need to make sure you have a solid contract and a contingency period. I have a great one created by Pace Morby's lawyer which I can send to you. Also, join his creative finance FB group and you'll find buyers there! If you continue on this journey and find you are over extended on EMD, I'm happy to help.