Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes

SHOULD I SEEK OUT FINANCING ON A POSSIBLE AUCTION PROPERTY BEFORE OR AFTER AUCTION?

Posted May 20 2023, 15:42

Hello, very new to flipping but I found a great deal and think now it’s the best time to start. The property will go into auction in a week. 10% down due on site and full payment required in 30 days 

SHOULD I SEEK OUT FINANCING  BEFORE OR AFTER AUCTION?

Also, how could I go about getting this deal financed? I have properties with very strong equity I could use as collateral. I know refinance and heloc are options but I have a 3% interest I do not want to lose and I ve been getting rejected on heloc for investment properties.

any help would be appreciated

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Edwards chu
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Replied May 20 2023, 18:50

Hi There!

Can't comment on when you should get the financing in terms of the auction, but hard money lenders or even private money lenders can close on funds in as little as two weeks. So as long as the deal is actually a deal, you shouldn't have trouble getting financing for it. I usually run through the deal with the loan officer prior to going out on properties so I know I have the funds/approval to close when needed.

Also in terms of HELOC, I've heard its hard to get on one investment properties. I actually live in a high appreciation market and capitalized on getting a HELOC on my primary while home prices were sky high(still are in my market), with the purpose of using the line for investments. Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied May 20 2023, 19:13

@Eunice Villarroel You’ll only have 30 days, which would be tight if wait. Talk to lenders now, establish a relationship with one…ask them what you can provide now, to speed the process when you’re ready.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Ivey
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Marysville, WA
Replied May 22 2023, 08:18

Most auctions require funds with in 24 hrs and don't like loan contingencies, what site is this through?

it's good to get your pre-work done for a lender as their terms can change based on your experience with investment properties, credit score, rehab budget, and appraisal. HML also vary a ton on how they do or if they need appraisal.

Good luck at the auction!

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied May 22 2023, 11:50
Quote from @Eunice Villarroel:

Hello, very new to flipping but I found a great deal and think now it’s the best time to start. The property will go into auction in a week. 10% down due on site and full payment required in 30 days 

SHOULD I SEEK OUT FINANCING  BEFORE OR AFTER AUCTION?

Also, how could I go about getting this deal financed? I have properties with very strong equity I could use as collateral. I know refinance and heloc are options but I have a 3% interest I do not want to lose and I ve been getting rejected on heloc for investment properties.

any help would be appreciated

Hi Eunice, 

Do you own any other properties? You could just cash out refi or get a HELOC to buy these properties, if the requirement is to buy in cash.

You could also get a hard money lender to finance this in 7 days. 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo