Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes

Where can I sell solid wood cabinets in home I’m rehabbing

Posted May 29 2023, 14:10

I have a house I’m rehabbing with very high quality wood cabinets, built-ins, and vanities. I would like to sell them, we start demolition soon. Where can I sell these? 

User Stats

Votes
Greg H.
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Broker/Flipper
  • Austin, TX
ModeratorReplied May 29 2023, 14:59

Facebook Marketplace, Facebook Group for your city or Craigslist are your best options

User Stats

Votes
Trenton Miller
  • Contractor
  • Orange County & Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Orange County & Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 29 2023, 15:03
Quote from @Greg H.:

Facebook Marketplace, Facebook Group for your city or Craigslist are your best options

You can also list them on OfferUp. Keep in mind you most likely will not get top dollar for them.  Also, if you're planning on selling them you will have to uninstall them as opposed to demolishing them which will cause the demolition phase of your remodel to move slower and will potentially cost more.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Normand
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Replied May 29 2023, 15:04

FB marketplace, Offer up, and Craigslist are probably your best options. Used cabinets can be tricky to sell because they're usually designed for a specific layout, so unless you find someone with the exact same floorplan you'll probably have to mark them down quite a bit.

The other option would be to donate them to a nonprofit like the Habitat Restore. While you don't get paid, you will save a little money on dumping fees and you can use the donation as a tax write off at the end of the year. Keep in mind these places only accept cabinets that are in good condition. 

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Jennings
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar Falls, IA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar Falls, IA
Replied May 29 2023, 15:07

All ideas mentioned are good sites to sell/donate items.  I have also had luck on Nextdoor (if you are a member of the site).  Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 29 2023, 17:13

There are carpenters that purchase this secondhand and refurbish them. Get someone local on the phone.

User Stats

Votes
Blake Novotney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wilmington, NC
Replied May 30 2023, 05:07

If you can't get rid of them, check if you have a "habitat for humanity- ReStore" near you. Great place to donate stuff. More specifically than general marketplace join local FB investor groups and should have success there as well.

User Stats

Votes
Carlton B.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied May 30 2023, 05:25

Built-in cabinet are much more complex to install then the prefab. So they will need a master carpenter to install i would talk to a couple carpenters and see what they think. They might have a job where they make sense. By the way getting them out without damaging them is a job all in it self.