Rehab Estimate & Finding contractors

5 Replies

Hello all. I'm going to look at a house this evening and hoping I can get some feedback from you more experienced folks.

1. Can anyone throw me a ballpark on rehabing the following things in a 972 sq ft home with 2br/1ba? I want an all new kitchen from soup to nuts, new bathroom, new hardwoods in living room and dining room, refinish original hardwoods in 2 bedrooms, paint, replace wood paneling in 2 rooms with sheetrock/mud/tape/paint, make 2 existing doorways a little larger, frame half of basement/drywall/outlets/carpet.

2. What is the best way to find a local contractor who won't rip me off?

Thanks BP friends!

You want to ask at your local REIA for a reference. You can try craigslist but beware. You dont want the cheapest contractor, remember the cheapest is rarely the least expensive.

If you get me room measurment, cabient measurements and some photos I can get u in the ball park. Where is the house I may have a few contacts.

Originally posted by @Jeremy Tillotson :
If you get me room measurment, cabient measurements and some photos I can get u in the ball park. Where is the house I may have a few contacts.

@Jeremy Tillotson Thank you! The property is in St. Louis, Mo. I'm taking a look at it this evening. Afterwards, I can provide you with room dimensions, pictures of the property, and also pictures of a different home with same floor plan and size in order to demonstrate how I want the home to look. That is, so long as I'm able to attach pictures on BP.

Originally posted by @John Voirol :
Originally posted by @Jeremy Tillotson:

@Jeremy Tillotson Thank you! The property is in St. Louis, Mo. I'm taking a look at it this evening. Afterwards, I can provide you with room dimensions, pictures of the property, and also pictures of a different home with same floor plan and size in order to demonstrate how I want the home to look. That is, so long as I'm able to attach pictures on BP.

Just email me [email protected]

too many variables but ballpark $25k. Depends on finish level could go a little higher

This would be for an insured contractor using cheap cabinets and low priced granite.

If your looking for a contractor and you have no contacts I would try Angies list. Stay away from Craigslist

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.