Investment strategy

2 Replies

So, after some extensive research and listening to various podcasts here on BP, I have found a couple of strategies that pique my interest.

I would like to initially fix and flip properties and then use the capital/leverage to buy and hold properties, possibly renting these properties out for passive income. My end goal is to have as diverse of a portfolio as possible and possibly supplement the income of my current job.

I have been reading about how fixing and flipping is a JOB. I understand that and would like to use that a a base or platform to move into more passive type strategies.

Has anyone out there had any success with this type of gameplan? Are there some things I should be aware of? I am curious to know any and all opinions on this? Thanks!

Tyrone

I started out buying short sells and lease optioning them back to previous owners.  It was only by accident that I got into that.  When I had one where the owner walked I was faced with a property that needed rehab.  I fixed it up and sold it so I was in the flipping business.  I now flip and also hold some as rentals.  I decide before I buy what the strategy for the property will be.

The strategy of flipping for the purpose of ultimately buying and holding is working so far for me.  I also loan money out.

Since I don't want to be directly involved in the rehab I have always had a partner who did the hands on or I have used contractors.  To me it is essential to have contractors in the area you want to buy(I am in 4-5 states).  I like to have a real estate agent also.  I have had experiences without them and it is a disaster.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Bill 

Hey thanks for the insight Bill-

When you say that you lease optioned short sales back to the previous owners, what exactly does that entail?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.