Votes
Salley Smith
  • Buckley, WA
Votes |
C3 or C4?

Salley Smith
  • Buckley, WA
Posted Aug 25 2016, 20:00

I bought a 20 year old home on 1/3 acre. No updates had been done to the house except a heat pump and a new roof. Exterior siding probably would look better if it was replaced, but is not peeling. Some minor peeling on some trim. Small deck needs to be replaced out back, and porch boards in the front. I recarpet ed with mid grade nylon the upstairs, and put modern click vinyl downstairs. Repainted the entire house inside. Downstairs, I painted all interior trim white, refinished doors white with new hardware, put crown molding on all downstairs windows, put new tile in downstairs bathroom and kitchen, painted all kitchen cabinets white,  new hardware, removed cabinets to install new island stainless steel hood, replaced all kitchen appliances for stainless steel. I even Redid the downstairs fireplace. Downstairs looks incredibly modern, upstairs looks nice, but doors and trim are oak, two upstairs bathrroms have not been updated. Appraiser says house is somewhere between a C3 and C4, but says if upstairs looked like downstairs, it would definitely be C3. I am frustrated becuase I think it should be at least a C3. Upstairs is well maintained, with all new paint and nice new carpet. What do you all think?

Loading replies...