Votes
Corie Carpentier
  • Huntsville, TX
Votes |
First 203k Deal Analysis Help

Corie Carpentier
  • Huntsville, TX
Posted Apr 2 2018, 20:00

Hey, I'm wanting to get serious about real estate investing. I've only done one flip and it was my wife and I's first house.  And it's been a couple of years and two babies since then. 

I found a property in great neighborhood in my town that I am considering. It's a 3500 sqft house built in the 70s. It's listed at $65 a sqft right now. Most houses that are up to date and in good shape are selling for $90-105/sqft in this area. I've done a walk-through already and it was overwhelming of how much it would need done to it. But I think if I can get it for the right price that it could be very profitable. It needs to be updated, new flooring and paint throughout.  New countertops.  Update bathrooms. Foundation may have issues. Also termite damage to the siding.  I would try to do the 203k loan to finance most of the repairs. And I would like to try to rent out my current house.  Just struggling with a plan of action. I do have another walk-through with a contractor set up in a couple of days though. 

Any tips,  warnings,  suggestions,  input about 203ks,  live in flips, foundation issues,  termites? 

Loading replies...