Pools In Phoenix, AZ average Increase Resale Value?

6 Replies

I am interested in getting feedback from people in the Arizona market. What are you seeing is the Average selling price difference between homes with Pools vs. those that do not have them? On Rentals, do the pool properties equate to a higher monthly rent, if so what is the typical increase one could expect?

What about those of you in other West Coast markets?

Thanks for the feedback!

Originally posted by @Dan Olin :

I am interested in getting feedback from people in the Arizona market. What are you seeing is the Average selling price difference between homes with Pools vs. those that do not have them? On Rentals, do the pool properties equate to a higher monthly rent, if so what is the typical increase one could expect?

What about those of you in other West Coast markets?

Thanks for the feedback!

I try to avoid pools and HOAs. Pools are expensive to maintain and have a higher risk factor. I find that about half of the people tend to not want a pool. HOAs are a pain in the b*tt and are restrictive, however it isn't a deal killer if there is a pool or an HOA or both. I just factor the loss into the equation.

Here is how I roll: Folks from California, So Cal in particular, tend to like our market in Phoenix like the spreadsheet at the link.

Average Turnkey Cash Flow Per Door In Phoenix Metro Area No Bank Financing Needed

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/600/topics/584916-average-cash-flow-per-door-in-phoenix-metro-area

You'll see anywhere from $10k more to $30k+ more on the resell with a pool depending on the area. I'd say Scottsdale for example will see more of an increase than Mesa.

You do typically see higher rents for pools as well, but like Mike mentioned that also comes with the added expense of maintaining the pool. Again this varies depending on where the property is but it's not uncommon to see $100-$200 more per month for having a pool.