• Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, NJ
Votes |
Poconos, PA Contractor

Kevin Ravenell Jr.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, NJ
Posted Jul 17 2021, 11:11

Hey I'm under contract for a new STR project in the Poconos and just wanted to see if anyone had any good suggestions for contractors in that area ?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 3 2021, 02:48

@Kevin Ravenell Jr. Hey Kevin! Any luck with finding a contractor? How is your project going so far??

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2022, 08:58

A lot of the contractors in the area are unreliable and have alcohol or meth problems. Be careful if it's a decent-sized job.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Phillip Costa
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Jul 30 2022, 08:25

Hey @Kevin Ravenell Jr.

We’ve used plenty of reliable contractors and handy-people, that ourselves or other investors we help were satisfied with.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can give you some recommendations.

Happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Shay
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Poconos, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Poconos, PA
Replied Nov 27 2022, 13:30

From what I hear, finding quality contractors and craftspeople is not only an issue in the Poconos.   There are national firms like Lowe's, Home Depot and LL Flooring (Lumber Liquidators) with stores in the area who sell installation services and take responsibility for project management and quality assurance.  Not everyone likes this option, but it is an alternative to looking for a local small business.  There are also franchise operations like Stanley Steamer and ServiceMaster here.  

Monroe County, the core of the Poconos has a population over 200,000 and not all of us are hanging out in taverns or spending time in rehab clinics!

User Stats

Votes
Jewel B.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Replied Nov 27 2022, 14:29
Quote from @Mark Shay:

From what I hear, finding quality contractors and craftspeople is not only an issue in the Poconos.   There are national firms like Lowe's, Home Depot and LL Flooring (Lumber Liquidators) with stores in the area who sell installation services and take responsibility for project management and quality assurance.  Not everyone likes this option, but it is an alternative to looking for a local small business.  There are also franchise operations like Stanley Steamer and ServiceMaster here.  

Monroe County, the core of the Poconos has a population over 200,000 and not all of us are hanging out in taverns or spending time in rehab clinics!

Not gonna lie - the Lowe's people did an excellent job in my home, better than small businesses I used. 

And although I'm all for supporting small business, just remember that using big business still gives local people jobs and supports families and the community (unless there is a specific known issue with a big company like underpaying employees and overcharging customers).

User Stats

Votes
Rhett James
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Replied Feb 28 2023, 18:51
Quote from @Kevin Ravenell Jr.:

Hey I'm under contract for a new STR project in the Poconos and just wanted to see if anyone had any good suggestions for contractors in that area ?

How did this turn out for you? I’m in the same boat 

User Stats

Votes
Laz Bello
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Mar 17 2023, 12:34

I'm currently having struggles with a contractor in the Poconos as well. Project was supposed to be 10 weeks, with 2 weeks of contingency. Currently in week 16 and they aren't even close to finishing. 

Would love any contractor recommendations.