Evansville, IN Acountant Recommendation

11 Replies

I’ve done my own taxes in the past, but due to the increased complexity and scale with a few BRRRRs this year and selling another investment property in the near future I’ve decided to start utilizing an accountant. Does anyone local in Evansville have a recommendation? Thanks for your time and help.

I’m in a similar position here in Evansville this year. I’ve used Weinzapfel CPAs the past few years and have been happy. However, I’d like to find someone who can provide advice on a strategic level with my REI goals in addition to the general tax filing requirements. I’ll be watching this thread for other advice and will let you know if I come across any other suggestions in the meantime. Good luck!

I am a beginner still in the research phase, but I received a recommendation from a friend for Marx Accounting. I only just contacted him via email today, so I'm not exactly sure his experience level with real estate investing strategy. I can report back with my experience.

yeah the BRRRR certainly adds a bit of complexity to taxes. I've used Tax-in-house in the past as they specialize in real estate agent taxes but now with the investing arm I'm in process of looking for one here myself!

I called a couple smaller firms and asked if any held real state investments. I ended up talking to an assistant at principal tax group who said the CPA does hers (and she held property), I met with her and she seemed to have good advice and a know how. I was told she also has properties, I made an appointment to have her do mind in late Feb, will follow up and let everyone know my thoughts.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here