Who are the BIGGEST Investors in South Bend, IN? Any room for ..

3 Replies

... me?  

South Bend is a relatively small city and I'm wondering how competitive it is there for investors. Any guesses or actual stats?  

Thanks!

A lady I know in SB told me there are a couple of REI companies who grabbed lots of good things up. That it's crowded. So wondering what locals experiences are.
I mean, if it's crowded, wouldn't that actually mean it's competitive? I see property sits for 3-6 months.. unless it's an in-your-face extreme deal.

@Liz Cole

Here is a good summary of the typical cash flow property that most Investors go for in South Bend and Mishawaka that I posted in a thread about 6 months ago.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/50...

Note: I specifically pointed out cash-flow not appreciation.

There is room for more Investors in this category (C-/C/C+). You just have to be a cash buyer and be able to move fast. You also need a good, strong reliable Property Manager to handle the tenant pool in this category.

You can upgrade to B- and/or B areas but the property taxes kill the cash flow and double digit returns however you will get more stability and modest appreciation.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here