Wichita, Kansas ~ Where is everyone? Let's get connected!

13 Replies

Hey All, what an amazing resource BiggerPockets is. Our start up was extremely accelerated because of all the useful information found here. 

Within my profile page, I have include some of the properties we have for sale. I have also posted one of these properties in the BP Marketplace. 

Why are Wichita investors are not posting their properties in the Marketplace more often. This is a great tool we all can benefit from, so join me in posting your properties for sale (or trade). 

Blue skies always!

Hey Adam here! New to the forum and yours was the first post I came across. I am also located in Wichita.

Hello Adam and welcome to BP.       "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"!

OK ~ that was a bit corny, but that is how I felt when "it clicked" for me. Has it clicked for you yet? If not, it will, -- if you have desire.   What type of RE are you currently working with or interested in? 

I like your profile @Dustin Burke . I think I'd have to upgrade to Pro to put my projects in the investments section because I'm not seeing a place to upload pictures. Simply writing about them is no fun. I just buy and hold forever so not in the Marketplace. Keep crushing it. And BP has been instrumental in my early successes also.

Been two years since I started these investment idea of housing. I now have 3 houses I have flipped and am currently renting them out. I have also invested into a condo for my house. I am putting two of my properties into my new company named Starting Point. I will be looking to add another investment within next two weeks. I have gotten a lot of good info from Bigger Pockets and love the pod cast

I am new to the forum also. Does anyone attend the Wichita Area Real Estate Investors Association or the Real Estate Investor Club of Kansas? What are the differences between the two groups?

Originally posted by @Brad Fitch :

I am new to the forum also. Does anyone attend the Wichita Area Real Estate Investors Association or the Real Estate Investor Club of Kansas? What are the differences between the two groups?

I used to attend both.  I only attend WAREIA now because it's hard for me to make it to the other meeting due to scheduling conflicts.

WAREIA meets at Range 54 the first Saturday of each month from 5-8 pm.  The group is hosted by investors and it's a good place to network.  They usually start with some announcements, then they bring in a speaker (Banks, Contractors, Property Managers, Eviction companies, etc.) to tell you what they do.  Not much goes on about sales, but they are starting to let investors shop their properties at the end of meetings.  It's $25 per year to become a member.

REICoK meets at the boathouse on the second Tuesday each month.  The group is hosted by real estate agents and representatives from McCurdy Auctions.  They do a little more in regards to showing and shopping properties.  They also bring in good speakers.  The room is a bit more spacious, but you end up making connections mostly from the people that sit at your table, so if you need a new connection, either get comfortable moving around, or choose your table wisely each month.  It's free to join and attend.

If you're just starting out, I would go to both each month to double your exposure to people and topics related to real estate investing.

@Stephen Burtin Thanks for breaking down the two meetings! I am going to put it on my calendar for the month of April. I must say WAREIA on a Saturday night is tough for me with weekend kids activities. Learning is a goal that I have, but networking is another thing I would like to do also. 

WAREIA now meets at Douglas Avenue Assembly of God at 4501 W. Douglas Avenue Wichita, KS 67209. The host for this meeting was Johnny, and local landlord and house flipper. I went ahead and paid my dues for the year.  This group had about 75 people by my count last week. REICofK still meets at the Boathouse downtown. This group had about 30 people by my count attend and the speaker was done over Skype with a gentleman from Arizona talking about senior housing. The hosts for the meeting I were with BHHS Penfed real estate agents. I hope to be back next month at both meetings. 

Originally posted by @Brad Fitch :

WAREIA now meets at Douglas Avenue Assembly of God at 4501 W. Douglas Avenue Wichita, KS 67209. The host for this meeting was Johnny, and local landlord and house flipper. I went ahead and paid my dues for the year.  This group had about 75 people by my count last week. REICofK still meets at the Boathouse downtown. This group had about 30 people by my count attend and the speaker was done over Skype with a gentleman from Arizona talking about senior housing. The hosts for the meeting I were with BHHS Penfed real estate agents. I hope to be back next month at both meetings. 

Lol. At least there was some booze at the Boathouse. :)

For the record I Iike both meetups.

I have only made one meeting but it was great. Looking forward to going alot more.

Good point to make a note of @Jonathan R. for anyone planning to attend these two different groups. If you are going to attend the WAREIA meeting at the Douglas Avenue Assembly of God Church please make note that no refreshments were served on Saturday night. If you are going to the REICofK meeting at the Boathouse food and drinks (including cold beer) are served on Tuesday night. 

Hello Wichita
A local lender referenced BiggerPockets in a few discussions we had. Nice to have a website with an abundance of RE info. I have 4 rentals thus far with another 2, potentially 3, planned for this year.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here