• Rental Property Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Wichita RE Investor Come Together

Mark Quaney
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Sep 13 2020, 09:24

My fellow Wichitans, I’m a Real Estate rookie looking to connect with people who are interested in investing/flipping properties. I’d like to start up a monthly get together as a means to share stories and knowledge with one another and help each other form the best RE portfolio possible. Would anyone else be interested in this? And if so, what would be the preferred day/time/location for the meetups?

User Stats

Votes
Finn Valjean III
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Sep 14 2020, 11:39

@Mark Quaney ahoy ahoy!

I love talking and connecting with new people. Would be 100% into this and finding ways to help out and grow with you!

Let’s make it work. But can we go more virtual than physical. I’ve got young kids etc and well I’ll speculate about real estate all day but I’m gonna wanna stay distant ish with the rapture etc.

User Stats

Votes
Nate LaBlance
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Sep 17 2020, 20:02

@Mark Quaney I'd definitely be interested in joining a monthly meet up! I'm at the very beginning stages of my REI journey. Currently looking for a single-family home to try the house hacking strategy, eventually looking to rent it out. It would be great to throw some ideas around & get some other points of view on what works and what doesn't. I usually free Sunday or Wednesday evenings after 6:00PM.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Hartnett
  • Wichita, KS (wichita)
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS (wichita)
Replied Nov 29 2020, 10:31

Mark,I was actually wanting to do the same thing, I don't know of any RE meetups right now in Wichita. Have you got anything set up yet?

User Stats

Votes
Cody Arnett
  • Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Mar 7 2021, 08:19

@Mark Quaney

I’d go to these if you’re still doing this? Are you just wanting to start your own thing? There is a group like this called Wichita Area RE Investor Association.

User Stats

Votes
Al L.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Mar 14 2021, 00:30

@Dylan Hartnett

Are ya'll able to recommend any investor friendly agents?

User Stats

Votes
Cody Arnett
  • Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Mar 14 2021, 21:26

@Al L. @Bryant Belden is your man and if your looking to buy and hold, I can help with finding tenants, maintenance, or full service (long-term residential) property management.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Hamer
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Replied Mar 17 2021, 18:59

Pints and Properties is something I've heard of on the BP Real Estate podcast with Shelby Osborne. We could meet at a local brewery and network. I know the Wichita REIA meets fairly often and I hope to begin attending those meetups soon! I'm just beginning my investing career and I would love the opportunity to connect, reflect, and learn!

User Stats

Votes
William Carpenter
  • Wichita
Votes |

The Wichita REIA meets monthly on a Saturday and discusses different topics. It's the first Saturday of the month I believe. Johnny and his wife who run it have been doing it a long time. There is also a more commercial / multi family focused meetup on the third Saturday of the month, also advertised through the REIA and meetup app.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Brock
Pro Member
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Mar 24 2021, 06:10

Interested in info to this group. Are they virtual meetings?

User Stats

Votes
William Carpenter
  • Wichita
Votes |

The multi family one was during covid, but has moved back to in person, but maybe we can figure something out. I actually help run that one with two other people. 
I don't know about the other one. I have only been there in person, and sometimes people zoom in for discussion, which is going to be the case at the next meeting, but I would need to ask. The Wichita REIA does have a website, so maybe send a question through that would get you a quicker answer. that one is also more single family, flips, financing, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Shane H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Mar 24 2021, 11:51
Originally posted by @William Carpenter:

The Wichita REIA meets monthly on a Saturday and discusses different topics. It's the first Saturday of the month I believe. Johnny and his wife who run it have been doing it a long time. There is also a more commercial / multi family focused meetup on the third Saturday of the month, also advertised through the REIA and meetup app.

WIlliam do you have a link to the multi-family meetup or group?  Do they have a FB page?

User Stats

Votes
William Carpenter
  • Wichita
Votes |

There is a lifetime active cash flow Wichita group on Facebook, but mostly advertised through the meetup app, along with the local Wichita REIA. It's the third Saturday of the month. If there is anything you would like to learn or know more about let me know, and I can see what we can do to get someone with knowledge to talk about it if we can't ourselves. We have had an attorney come in, a discussion on what makes an RE professional for tax purposes, utilizing section 8 for rents, among other things. We hold it in the meeting room at genesis across from bishop carroll out west.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Cooper
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Mar 24 2021, 20:46

Hey guys! We just locked in our first duplex rental property in Wichita thanks to our rockstar realtor @Bryant Belden & new property manager @Cody Arnett Will close April 9.  We live in Hawaii, but have family all over Kansas, so we've been finding it a good place for us to invest.  I'd love to meet up virtually with all you guys when you do meet.  I'll follow to stay posted.

User Stats

Votes
William Carpenter
  • Wichita
Votes |
Originally posted by @Kyle Cooper:

Hey guys! We just locked in our first duplex rental property in Wichita thanks to our rockstar realtor @Bryant Belden & new property manager @Cody Arnett Will close April 9.  We live in Hawaii, but have family all over Kansas, so we've been finding it a good place for us to invest.  I'd love to meet up virtually with all you guys when you do meet.  I'll follow to stay posted.

Where in Wichita? Just curious on part of town you got one in.  

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Cooper
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Mar 25 2021, 13:04

Hey William.  I don't know what the specific area is called, but it's in the Southeast quadrant of town.  However...just did a walk through this morning, there's a number of concerning things we're discovering behind the curtain, so we're considering what our options need to be at this point.  I'll keep y'all posted.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Shideler
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Apr 5 2021, 07:11
Originally posted by @William Carpenter:

There is a lifetime active cash flow Wichita group on Facebook, but mostly advertised through the meetup app, along with the local Wichita REIA. It's the third Saturday of the month. If there is anything you would like to learn or know more about let me know, and I can see what we can do to get someone with knowledge to talk about it if we can't ourselves. We have had an attorney come in, a discussion on what makes an RE professional for tax purposes, utilizing section 8 for rents, among other things. We hold it in the meeting room at genesis across from bishop carroll out west.

I’d be very interested in attending something like this. I’m a rookie here in Wichita. Dipped my foot in but had a bad experience renting to family. Moved back into the house and fixing it up now with plans to move on and rent it out again.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 6 2021, 16:36

Mark, I’d love to connect buddy!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Hamer
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Replied Jul 10 2021, 14:13

Do people prefer a before-lunch coffee spot or an evening beer spot?  

User Stats

Votes
Shannon D Olsen
Pro Member
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Aug 11 2021, 12:40

Hello all!  I just joined BP a week or two ago.  We would love to attend any sort of regular gathering on the topic!  Brewery sounds great as there is typically outdoor seating and Fall is approaching :).  We have 1 SFM rental and in process of acquiring a duplex in Park City.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Lavender
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Dec 19 2021, 16:09

@Shannon D Olsen we have a pretty active group on Facebook and a monthly investor lunch meet up. Third Wednesday of the month. Lunch is always provide.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Purviance
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Dec 20 2021, 09:58

@Jason Lavender - is this the FB group you're referring to? Been a while since I'd attended any local in-person REI events....guess I just hadn't found the right group(s) LOL

User Stats

Votes
Jason Lavender
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Dec 20 2021, 11:07

@Patrick Purviance yep that’s it, Facebook group is pretty active, lunch meet up is great for networking. 

User Stats

Votes
Cody Hill
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Apr 2 2022, 14:41

@Cody Arnett what are your fees? A partner of mine and I are looking to make our first move in the next couple of months. Feel free to text 785-317-3185

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Hamer
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Wichita, KS 67208
Replied Dec 31 2022, 17:46

We are having TWO Pints and Properties networking events for real estate investors to kick off 2023. January 3rd at River City Brewery from 6-8pm and then January 12th at Central Standard Brewing from 7-9. Take action. Come out and network!!

User Stats

Votes
Roger Laughary
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Feb 22 2023, 17:20

Jason Lavender does some investor meetups and I think his new podcast is going live this week, or soon at least. I've not been to one but a flipper of mine knows him and finds value in them, as well as some realtors I know.