• Boulder, CO
Votes |
Short Term Rentals in Lexington

David Piqueira
  • Investor
  • Boulder, CO
Posted Apr 12 2017, 12:40

Hey there!

I am looking at investing in short term rental properties (airbnb, vrbo, etc) in Lexington. My partner grew up and went to school in Lexington, so I have mostly been relying on him for information about the different neighborhoods in Lexington. Additionally, I have been working with a couple of real estate agents in the area.

Finding properties has been kind of tough, as I am looking for a particular nexus of low price, good location, and turnkey. Maybe I am looking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn, but I have found a handful of places that I thought might work. Only my real estate agent keeps saying that every property I send her is in a bad area.

I thought that Lexington was a relatively safe city? Anyway, I wouldn't mind a second opinion about some of this stuff, since I feel like I've sent my agent listings from all over the city and she's come back on every one saying that it's not going to work because the property is in a bad area.

Is Lexington actually a pretty rough place? One of the areas that I am interested in is between 3rd and Loudon. There seem to be a decent number of cheaper renovated homes there, and it looks like it is still pretty close to downtown.

Any additional insight is appreciated.

-Dave

Loading replies...