Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 23 2023, 11:34

Hey, Rob, that's great to hear! I just launched my first property in Louisville last month, and things have been a little slow. Any insights you can share on how you're having success?

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 24 2023, 05:04
Quote from @Robert Saag:

Hey, Rob, that's great to hear! I just launched my first property in Louisville last month, and things have been a little slow. Any insights you can share on how you're having success?

Where is it located? Bed-bath count? Self managing? Link? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2023, 06:40
Quote from @Rob Bergeron:
 Where is it located? Bed-bath count? Self managing? Link? 
It's a 4BR, 1 Full and 2 Half BA a block from Bardstown Rd. I'm managing it myself, and here's a link to it:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7...

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 24 2023, 06:41

Looks fantastic, but you need to at least get your sleep count to 10. Are you owner occupying? Permit? Proper zoning? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2023, 07:11

Looks fantastic, but you need to at least get your sleep count to 10. Are you owner occupying? Permit? Proper zoning? 

I have a permit for the property, and it’s approved for up to 10 people. My concern is only having one full bathroom and how that would impact the quality of the stay for 10 guests - that’s why I’ve limited it to 8. I’d also only be able to provide rollaway beds for two additional guests, maybe in the living room since the bedrooms are tapped out on space. What are your thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 24 2023, 07:35
Quote from @Robert Saag:

I have a permit for the property, and it’s approved for up to 10 people. My concern is only having one full bathroom and how that would impact the quality of the stay for 10 guests - that’s why I’ve limited it to 8. I’d also only be able to provide rollaway beds for two additional guests, maybe in the living room since the bedrooms are tapped out on space. What are your thoughts?

It needs to show sleeping 10 and then tell them that one of them would be a roll away in the notes. Major ROI!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2023, 07:57
Quote from @Robert Saag:

It needs to show sleeping 10 and then tell them that one of them would be a roll away in the notes. Major ROI!

Thanks! I can update that today. What are your thoughts on only 1 having full bath? Is that a detriment or do the 2 half baths offset it?

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 24 2023, 11:03
Quote from @Robert Saag:
Quote from @Robert Saag:

Thanks! I can update that today. What are your thoughts on only 1 having full bath? Is that a detriment or do the 2 half baths offset it?

Honestly, I wouldn't even think about it! Just get the sleep count up. It looks really great, you should be proud of it! 

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Feb 24 2023, 11:33

Some markets have a lot of saturation, and some markets are seasonal. Renters usually take big trips in Dec & summer- so those are usually the $ months. I would advise anyone starting out to follow the market trends in their area NOT the national hoopla and news. If you know what your seasons are you can take advantage and profit more by raising prices. Its all about strategy and planning before you buy. 

Account Closed
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 24 2023, 21:33

Lexington STR was brutally slow last month. Our 15 Airbnb units in Lexington, KY went live in January. Prob one of the few high rise STR downtown, it was VERY SLOW but now we're booked solid. We have 8 more long term units we were considering for Airbnb but not sure the market is ready for that many.

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Replied Feb 26 2023, 07:45
Quote from @Account Closed:

Lexington STR was brutally slow last month. Our 15 Airbnb units in Lexington, KY went live in January. Prob one of the few high rise STR downtown, it was VERY SLOW but now we're booked solid. We have 8 more long term units we were considering for Airbnb but not sure the market is ready for that many.

January will be your slowest month so really if you are booked now you are good.

• Real Estate Agent Kentucky (#288548)

REI James w/ eXp Realty Logo