Skip to content
New Orleans Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Stephen E.
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Should I Use A Commercial Real Estate Broker in New Orleans?

Stephen E.
  • Rental Property Investor
Posted Jan 27 2020, 15:31

Hi. This is my first discussion posting, so bear with me if I'm doing it wrong. I have a large commercial space in New Orleans I'm ready to lease out. It's 1,700 square feet in the heart of the Treme on a good corner very close to the French Quarter and Louie Armstrong Park. It needs work though. The retaining walls are temporary and will need to be solidified or replaced. There's space for windows but they're currently covered. And whoever uses it will want to put in a new floor. I considered doing this but it seems that whoever rents the space will have their own ideas so I think it's better I work it out with them in exchange for 6 months free rent, or more, that they would do the improvements and then the space could be however they  want it. 

I'm wondering about listing on Craigslist or with a commercial broker. I have experience renting to residential tenants and being a commercial tenant, but I've never rented a commercial space that I owned. It's exciting but I'm not sure of the ins and outs.

The place is zoned HMC-1 and was previously a corner store, but it's currently completely gutted. There is gas and electricity and water/sewage, etc.

Thanks for any comments!

Loading replies...