• New to Real Estate
  • Detroit
Votes |
Working Radiators but I need A/C

Adrian Rosado
  • New to Real Estate
  • Detroit
Posted Jan 10 2021, 07:18

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the forum and Bigger Pockets. I just bought my first deal in Highland Park right off Woodward Ave. There is only one issue that I have been stumped on which is the Boiler system. In most cases it is an easy decision, but mine are still working. It was actually serviced 2 years ago. As you can guess however. There is no Ducting, and no A/C. I could go the cheap route and slap wall units in, but I'm trying to stomp my competition out by putting in good quality materials and systems like we are seeing closer to down town Detroit. I do have a solution, However. For about $6000 I can have a whole house unit that will give air to the whole house using pluming instead of ducting. Actually have seen it in action with some buildings that Quicken owns. The issue is that those units also give out heat. Well now I would have 2 ways to heat the house and as Brandon Turner says "weird Houses attract weird Tenets" with it being an old home, I already have a few weird quirks that I have to change.

I'm going to rehab, house hack, and then Refinance the property. I could live with this but I want to get my equity out of the deal and if things get rough. Renting it out is my exit strategy. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Some Property Details
:

4 bed 2 bath

3 story Historic Home-Built 1913

No central air or ducting / Only Boiler system

Size:1700 finished sqft

after rehab: 1900 finished sqft

Loading replies...