• Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa FL
Votes |
Contractors in Detroit

Chris Schoonhoven
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa FL
Posted Aug 1 2019, 10:23

Hello, it seems many have asked this question but I'll try a new post - I'm looking for a contractor in Detroit/Macombe County. Currently looking at a SFH that needs some work but I wanted to see if I could get (pay) for a gc to get out to view the place to give an estimate for me to see how much I might be looking at to get the property rent ready.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Lavance Reed Jr
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Votes |
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Replied Aug 1 2019, 12:07

@Chris Schoonhoven Hello Chris, my name is Lavance and I am building a company under the name Raising Detroit. I have 6 years of experience in several areas of home renovation. I have been working with investor's in Idaho for the past 8 months rehabbing duplexes on Detroit westside and have recently ended this relationship (which I am happy to discuss). I live in Macomb County and work in Detroit (former Detroit resident) so either location is fine. I would be happy to use your forms or send you mine and walk through the property and take account for what needs to be done to get it rent ready. Feel free to contact me if you are interested. Good luck on your journey!

User Stats

Votes
Keyonte Summers
Pro Member
  • Harper Woods, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Harper Woods, MI
Replied Aug 3 2019, 05:01

@Chris Schoonhoven I wouldn't mind sending my GC out to look at the property he has rehab several of my properties and does amazing work. He has even worked in my personal residence. If you are interested I can send you pics of work to confirm.  PM me if you would like to move forward and walk the property.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Khadra Kahin
  • Grand Blanc, MI
Votes |
  • Grand Blanc, MI
Replied Mar 8 2020, 10:55

@Keyonte Summers

Do you still have GC recommendation. I’m looking for one to rehab a duplex in Detroit area. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Justin Beavers
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
  • Detroit, MI
Replied Mar 8 2020, 11:18

@Khadra Kahin I have a few contractors I can outreach to, pm me so I can send you their contact information.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Imbriglio
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 27 2020, 19:37

Hey I'm interested in talking to someone that has a good contractor in Detroit. I have boots on the ground there but if someone has a legit contractor I'm always interested. I work in construction so I can talk shop with these guys. Feel free to DM me, let's connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott M.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Replied May 30 2020, 07:03

Super late to this thread but if you are still looking for contractors, I am a broker, licensed builder and own a full-service property management company that services SE MI and Detroit. We work with fully vetted contractors and most of our team has been with us for years.

Our teams handle everything from small leaks to tear down a build new to everything in between.

You want to be sure you find contractors that can work to your goals….and if they are not asking about your goals, they are not the right contractors for you. Meaning, are you looking to flip, rent, long term, short term etc….the answer to those questions are vitally important to make sure the job that is done and the budget you get match your own goals and objectives.

Rental and flip standards can be very different depending on the area. So are building departments and inspectors…(Warren more difficult than say Detroit or Harper Woods etc…). Competent workers are good, but you also want a team that can help you with everything.

If you are still looking, put us on your short list of people to call and provide a bid.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Moorer
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Aug 27 2020, 21:25

Hey @Lavance Reed Jr I like to trade contact info with you I have a few properties I’m looking to get a second opinion on let me know if you’re available

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 28 2020, 00:10

@Scott M. Hi Scott - I need help to find a contractor in Detroit, I just sent you CR.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Helfant
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Aug 28 2020, 05:04

A little late to this thread also, but we have a pretty solid list of contractors and resources in the Detroit area as well. From general contractors to mold remediation to electricians, we might be able to help. Let me know if there is something more specific you are looking for.

User Stats

Votes
Bud Ramkissoon
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Replied Aug 28 2020, 09:20

Hi Michael,

Can you please send me your contractor list.

Appreciate all your help in sharing this information.

Thanks.

Best.