• Lender
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Massachusetts
Replied Nov 9 2022, 06:11

@Juan Vargas

Credit card stacking is an easy to to ruin your credit and go into massive consumer debt at an extremely high interest rate. Way to much risk here. If you can't pay that debt off after your introductory APR expires, you will be in a terrible spot.

User Stats

Votes
John Myers
  • Realtor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Nov 9 2022, 06:26

That is not the approach I would take,  especially in a rising interest rate environment.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Abby Shemesh
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Nov 9 2022, 09:01

This is a very dangerous approach. You would really need to stick the landing if this risky tactic were to be implemented. This would not be my first choice unless you have an air-tight exit strategy that does not rely on a bunch of "maybe's". Be advised!

User Stats

Votes
Steve Kontos
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Great Neck, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Great Neck, NY
Replied Nov 9 2022, 10:15

@Juan Vargas

I personally started my business by leveraging credit and now own/operate a multi-million dollar real estate portfolio. It requires discipline and staying the course. It is not for everyone but if handled correctly, can be very lucrative. 

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Nov 9 2022, 10:52

Agreed with the above statements. We leveraged a card (1) a couple times to fund remodels, but the numbers were clear and end goal was always fixed rate financing. Stacking plastic makes me sick to my stomach. Better have a solid deal in this environment to go that route otherwise the risks out weigh the rewards.

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Nov 9 2022, 14:10

This sounds like high risk with Low reward. 

If a deal is good enough to fund with lots of credit card debt, there is probably a better and cheaper way to fund it. If the ONLY way it can be funded is with credit card dept you do not have a deal to start with.