Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne P.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Note investors from Canada (and elsewhere)? Safe way to start?

Suzanne P.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted Jan 12 2017, 08:53

My journey with Bigger Pockets continues, and for the last little while I have been focused on the note investing arena. As far as real estate is concerned, I have experience with buy and holds, joint ventures (as a money partner / gap funder on flips) and most recently with active flips. I have also done mortgage lending in Canada (on 1st, 2nd and 3rd mortgages) that were originated by a mortgage brokerage. 

Recently I was listening to some podcasts on Bigger Pockets about note investing and have been inhaling content about this topic ever since. Obviously with my mortgage investing background I have some understanding of the subject matter (I even read the entire Canadian mortgage agent course material etc.), but note investing is a bit of a different animal since you are dealing with a secondary market, with buying / reselling notes as well as with all sorts of different exit strategies. 

I am wondering if there are any Canadian note investors out there that would be willing to share their experience. Of course, I will be very grateful for any insights and advice from any investors anywhere to hear about their journey in note investing. 

At the moment I am still in the learning phase, but I would like to get going with some of my own capital in the very near future. What is the safest way to do so? I have been reading about joint ventures and would love to hear from anyone who has experience in note investing joint ventures or would be interested in doing a JV together. Thank you in advance.

Loading replies...