Votes
Tommy Nyle Morgan
  • Midland, TX
Votes |
Texas Tax Deeds sales/Real Estate

Tommy Nyle Morgan
  • Midland, TX
Posted Mar 13 2017, 19:52

Hello everybody, my name is Tommy Nyle Morgan. I am 56 years young and live in Midland Texas. I have been interested in real estate for most of my adult life but until now I have not had the opportunity to pursue it. Here is the short version of my life to this point. I was born in Waco Texas in 1960 and moved to Odessa Texas in 1963 where I attended elementary and my 1st year of Jr. High School. I moved to east Texas in 1974 and dropped out of high school my Jr. year. I worked at Lone Star Steel company for awhile and then got my CDL and GED. I drove a truck for a few years and then joined the army. I spent 5 years in Germany and got out of the Army on an honorable discharge. My wife at the time worked for the Army Air Force Exchange service and she got transferred from Germany to Yokota Air Force Base (AFB) Japan. We were there for 4 1/2 years before getting transferred to Ft. Dix McGuire NJ. We stayed only 13 months and I drove a truck back and fourth into and out of NY City. We were transferred to Andersen AFB in 1999 where we survived typhoon Chattan and typhoon Ponsonga before being transferred back to Yokota AFB in Japan in 2003. In 2007 we were sent to Travis AFB in California where I worked at the Tosoro refinery in Benecia CA. for a year. In Oct. of 2007 I acquired a job with Kellog Brown & Root in Iraq where I did vehicle recovery work for 2 years. In 2009 I went to work for Dyn-Corp Int'l in Afghanistan Until July of 2013. I returned to the states in July of 2013 and went to working hauling crude oil in the west Texas oilfield, which brought me back to my childhood roots. I am in Midland Texas now only 20 miles from where I grew up (Odessa Tx.).

I am now ready to do some real estate investing and I need help. This is something that I have always wanted to do but because of my being overseas, have never had the opportunity. While we were in NJ in 1998 we looked at a lot of properties and almost bought one but my wife, at the time got orders to Andersen AFB in Guam. I have ordered and studied and listened to the Carlton Sheets program more than twice in the 1980"s and 90'S. I have been to a rich dad seminar in Waco Tx. in 2009 and have taken the rich dad study course online. I remember some of the information but realize that there is strength in numbers and all of the Carlton Sheets and rich dad people are in my past. I was in the process of buying an apartment/duplex in Midland 6 months ago but it fell through because I was using my GI bill and the appraiser couldn't find any comps for the property. I bought a house at 1149 Palm in Abilene Tx. a week ago today for $13000. and paid the 2016 taxes of $997. and change. It is 1232 sq. feet. I need some advice on what I should do with this property after the 6 month redemption period if it doesn't redeem. Zillow says it is worth 60K and the tax roll says 27K. I also need to know what I should do right NOW? Should I send a letter to the occupant, which I think is a renter or should I go to the property and talk to the people? I have heard that getting title insurance may be difficult as well. What do I do about that? I know I have more questions but can't think of them right now. Please, if there is anybody out there that has experience with tax deeds and has some insight, Please contact me.

Thank You,

Tommy (Nyle) Morgan  

Loading replies...