Daniel Reimel
  • Greenwood Lake, NY
Votes |
Minimum Note Purchase from a Bank

Daniel Reimel
  • Greenwood Lake, NY
Posted Mar 23 2017, 04:55

Hi all,

I am increasingly interested in the 1st lien non-performing note space after first listening to Bob Malecki's podcast a little while back (probably still the single best podcast on notes I've heard). My cash is @ $50k for the investment at present. I will need to budget for legal fees and carrying costs so my max would probably be 1-2 deals with this amount.

Hoping to hear other note investors' experiences with minimum purchase point from a small or local bank. Has anyone ever gotten in the door with that low of an amount or will I get lauged out and be wasting mine and the bank's time?

FCI Exchange, Note trader and the BP marketplace all have what look like some ok-ish deals. Biggest concern is settling for a thin margin on a retail priced entry level deal which could knock me out of the game, particularly on a (relatively) low dollar value investment where margins will be slimmer to begin with. 

My options are:

1) Hold out, continue to research and learn while saving up more funds then buy a group of NPLs at a later date with increased barganing power from local banks. 

or 2) Prospect banks now and tackle a deal or two with this amount if at all possible. (Preferred for sake of learning the business. I am a believer you can only learn so much sitting on the sidelines)

Appreciate any experience or knowledge the community may be willing to share!

Thanks,

Dan

Loading replies...