Skip to content
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Lance Austin
  • Investor
  • Jackson, TN
Votes |
Note Investing, SD ROTH IRA and mentor/partner.

Lance Austin
  • Investor
  • Jackson, TN
Posted Nov 7 2017, 11:40

It's been a long time since my last post. In the last 2 years, I have had the opportunity to buy and hold an 8 unit and flipped 2 SFR (currently flipping the 2nd). Oh, what fun. I have also joined up with a partner and we have purchased 20 SFR and sold 3. In full swing of these acquisitions, I was interested in ramping up the activity and since, I have taken checkbook control of a Roth IRA with purposes of investing in real estate. I've done a couple of hard money loans with it but I want to make it work harder. I feel like note investing is a better fit for this type of asset compared to flipping/buy and hold.

My next focus is investing in notes.  I love the idea, the risk, the reward.  

I have had my fair share of education with the 8 unit.  When I say education, I mean it has cost me many $$$ and sleepless nights.  

Before jumping into this new 'note"venture, I'm interested in a different strategy.  I'd like to partner with an experienced investor to help answer the questions, build a network and eventually scale it into a larger entity.  But first, I have to get started.  I see there are schools, classes, conferences available as well.  I would rather invest in the business of notes than throw $$$ at a seminar.  

Interested in sharing an experience and growing wealth? 

Loading replies...