Upcoming Tax lein Sales?

7 Replies

Hi
Looking for dates of some upcoming tax lein sales for the following states.
south carolina, iowa, georgia and maryland. Thanks in advance for the help.. Keith 8)

Tax liens/tax certificates sales are held usually every year in June. Tax deeds are sold all year long. Every county is different, you need to go to the county websites not to the state websites to get precise dates and procedures. Some of them have online auctions.

lrpf

There's a tax calendar available which shows you the months each state has their tax liens on Each month, there are tax lien sales in different states. What people are saying here are either wrong or specifically addressing their state (ie: "mostly in June" applies to Florida).

Hi Donny
Thanks for the input. What book are you refering to? I just finished with the AZ tax lien sale which had way to many people bidding...Trying to do Ga. but need to find more info. Thanks Keith

Originally posted by "milo57":
Hi
Looking for dates of some upcoming tax lein sales for the following states.
south carolina, iowa, georgia and maryland. Thanks in advance for the help.. Keith 8)

Good evening milo57,

Here is a listing of the Tax liens here in Austin,TX. I know TX was not one of your choices but give it a try. here is the link :

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tax%5Fassessor/foreclosure/Jun/
also try changing the county and the state in the link for your desired states.

Good luck!!

Horace

Tax Lien Sales are held at varying times of the year depending on State. Each state has a unique set of rules regarding the sale of liens or deeds. Some states such as Indiana, Arizona and Florida, City of Baltimore hold these auctions online. From experience the online auctions tend to be very popular and make it more difficult to get liens at a good price. There are a some good books available from a bookstore like Barnes and Noble that run through the various states, deed or lien, schedule, yield, redemption.
I would suggest you do a little bit of research prior to jumping into this.