Submitting an offer, use the purchase agreement?

6 Replies

My wife and I have found a lot we would like to purchase and build on. I found it on Zillow and attempted to get some guidance from a realtor in the area. The experience was not great, i was doing all of the leg work and what leg work the realtor did yielded incorrect info (uncovered by the research I did). That’s neither here nor there; where we are now is we are ready to make an offer. I have a purchase agreement that I paid an attorney to draft for a very reasonable price and it provides the protection I am seeking in this deal. 

My questio is this; should I submit the purchase agreement as is to the selling agent as is or should I send a more informal summarized offer to start?  I was considering submitting the PA with a cover letter introducing my family.  Deals I’ve done in the past have always been direct with the seller so I didn’t have to go through an agent. 

Any suggestions?

@Joshua Birk greater Ann Arbor area  , yes. Not Ann Arbor proper. 

Originally posted by @Pat Fo :

I'm generally anti-broker (even though I have my license), but it's helpful to have one to put emotional distance. That's been my experience. Easier to negotiate for both sides when they're working through someone else. 

Feel free to direct message me if you have any specific questions. I'm a broker and an attorney.

Originally posted by @Pat Fo :

Also, I know of a good builder in the area if you need recommendations.

If mls you must deal with the listing agent.

@Sam Shueh I'm not trying to circumvent the sellers agent.  That's not my question at all.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here