• Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Minneapolis Renter's Protection Ordinance

Joseph Lee
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Oct 31 2018, 08:14

Hi everyone,

I received the following email from the City of Minneapolis and wanted to see if anyone had more information and get a sense on people's opinions. 

As you may already know, Council President Lisa Bender and Council Member Jeremiah Ellison are co-authoring a Renter’s Protections Ordinance set for adoption in early 2019. The purpose of this ordinance is to remove barriers for our constituents to access rental housing, to ensure people are living in safe and healthy conditions and to address rising concerns about displacement. As landlords, you know well that our city is a majority renter population and we look forward to working with you to craft policies that support access to this important housing in our city. We know that many of you bring significant expertise and experience that will help us craft the best policy possible for our city.

While I can't find anything on the city's website about this proposed Renter's Protection Ordinance, I did find a Star Tribune story that gives a little detail on what is being proposed-

Does anyone have details on this? Is this something we should be worried about as a landlord community? There are definitely some aspects that seem very concerning, but I want to ensure I'm not misunderstanding anything before I start emailing council members.

Loading replies...