Rochester Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Abhishek Ganta
Votes |
New Investor interested in Fix and flip Rochester Area

Abhishek Ganta
Posted Jan 12 2022, 12:00

Hey All, I am a newbie real estate investor really interested in getting into Fix and flip projects in the Rochester Area. I have a lender that I am working with to source funds but I am looking to network with someone who's more experienced flipper/rehabber. I would love to get to know more about how to find a fix/flip team in the ROC area. If you have any suggestions on where to start looking and talk a little bit more about the strategy! Looking forward to connecting with you all! Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 12 2022, 12:26

@Abhishek Ganta

Just as an FYI (because I made this mistake when I first joined), there are two "Rochesters", one in New York (The better one of course...no bias), and one in Minnesota. I have one duplex in the South Wedge, and another in Penfield. They were both fixer-uppers, but I have never flipped a property. Just curious, which lender are you working with? We are looking to do our first BRRRR deal next.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Rivers
  • Realtor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Jan 12 2022, 13:07

Are you looking for a lender to purchase it or on the refinance?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Abhishek Ganta
Votes |
Replied Jan 12 2022, 13:21

@Tim Corey Haha! Rookie mistake, I should have mentioned Rochester, NY is where I’m looking into! 

Would you want to connect sometime I would love to hear about some good construction and contracting companies around the area if you know of any! I am interested in investing in the area and Express Capital Financing is the lender I’m working with.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 5 2022, 10:00

Hey Abhishek, I'd be happy to chat, send me a private message if you want to set something up. I don't have any experience doing full flips, not have used a handful of different contractors. There's an investing meetup happening in a couple of weeks too, great place to network.