Can you find a four-plex in OP, Plaza, Westport, Brookside?

6 Replies

Anyone able to find this to do a house hack? Interested in doing an FHA and live in a unit.

I have not personally seen any on the market. In this instance you may have to drive around for properties and possibly direct mail. I know Lee's Summit has some solid duplexes that I have seen but that is not the area you are talking about.

@William S. Your best bet is to try driving for dollars if you have already exhausted other possible lead generation outlets, i.e online sites like ListSource, consulting County/Public Records etc. 

Hope this helps.

Good Luck! 

Can't speak for OP, but four-plexes are hard to come by in the Waldo, Brookside, Plaza, Westport areas. However, you can find some duplexes in those areas. 

William - I'm currently house hacking a triplex right off the plaza using fha. I found it on the mls and am hoping to make a pretty penny live-in flipping it. Two points here: 1) fourplex seems like the obvious choice for FHA because there are more units, but really you're leveraging the 3.5% down to an asset value. You should consider a duplex or triplex at higher price points (and higher rents), as your fourplexes are almost all going to be in neighborhoods where every property is a fourplex and the rents are capped because of poor location and there's no variation in the supply in the market. 2) I forget number two, but you should find a lender that does 203k if you're up for rehabbing something.

William - I'm currently house hacking a triplex right off the plaza using fha. I found it on the mls and am hoping to make a pretty penny live-in flipping it. Two points here: 1) fourplex seems like the obvious choice for FHA because there are more units, but really you're leveraging the 3.5% down to an asset value. You should consider a duplex or triplex at higher price points (and higher rents), as your fourplexes are almost all going to be in neighborhoods where every property is a fourplex and the rents are capped because of poor location and there's no variation in the supply in the market. 2) I forget number two, but you should find a lender that does 203k if you're up for rehabbing something.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone had luck finding 4-plexes (not specifically for FHA) in the market as a whole? The few that I've seen have sold super quickly.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here