Skip to content
Omaha Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Troy Devine
  • New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
NEW Omaha emerging RE investors meet up!

Troy Devine
  • New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Posted May 20 2021, 18:19

Hey investors! 

We will be starting a new Omaha emerging real estate  investor/entrepreneur meet up in the next couple weeks! There will be a lot more details in a post coming soon , i’m just trying to get a feel for how many may be interested.

The overview/purpose of the group:

The early stages of becoming a RE investor can be overwhelming and exciting. With biggerpockets, other podcast, youtube and instagram we can jam a lot of information into our minds. We (hopefully) surround ourselves with advanced investors and mentors at local meet ups. All great steps, but myself (Troy, also new to the investing venture) and other emerging investors have recognized that info is good but if our minds are limited and unprepared for success than the foundation of our future business’ can be unstable and hindered. A well  prepared Mindset is a constant theme in real estate books and podcast, obviously brandon turner and david greene are some of the biggest advocates . 

So this group will be geared towards the emerging investor, that’s a nice way of saying newbie or rookie investor ha! We will surround ourselves with like minded people , who are in a similar early stage as us and learn and grow together.

We will tackle limiting beliefs such as a poverty mindset. We will learn to dream gigantic dreams and set huge goals, this can be harder than it seems with limiting beliefs.

We will invite local successful RE investors, business leaders and CEO’s, electricians, general contractors, engineers, and other leaders from our city to dig deep into their mindset and their path to success.

This group hinges on consistency and commitment. We will make a vivid vision for our lives, speak out loud our ambitious goals and encourage one another and hold each other accountable to those goals.

This will be a comfortable group to ask “dumb” questions and not receive judgement, mainly because we are probably all wondering the same thing but feel intimidated to ask them to advanced investors. 

We’re going to put plans into place to achieve goals that are actionable and not conceptual. 

there are other ideas that we can all figure out such as going through different parts of books, watching talks  and live streaming out of state investors. 

Like i said i’m also at the beginning of my RE venture so i’m not the teacher, i’m acting as a facilitator. i will work with others to find guests and create content and help guide the conversations. I have been working on an abundant mindset for years, it’s hard dedicated work but possible. 

So if you are interested in attending, vote on this post or send a quick reply so i can get a count of interest. we have a coffee shop in the old market willing to donate their space and my wife is going to be the volunteer barista, so there will be no cost for entrance , i just encourage you to get a coffee or a pastry/snack just to help the owner! 

thank you guys! i will make another post when i see what kind of interest there is with a date (which most likely will be at the beginning of June) and location details 

Loading replies...