• Kansas City, MO
Votes |
First Post on Bigger Pockets: looking to build my connections

Drake Foreman
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Dec 21 2021, 07:26

Hey Everyone!!

I am starting out my real estate investing journey. I just finished the Book on Real Estate Investing and The House Hacking Strategy, so this is me taking action as the book says! Going into 2022 my goal to get my feet wet with my first investment property. 

I am looking for my first property where I want to house hack in a single family OR small multi family. I am currently living in Kansas City, MO (my hometown) but within the next year I’m moving to Omaha, NE. I am in need of connections with real estate agents and lenders around the Omaha area to get me started.

Also starting to build up my BP profile and start connecting with investors in the KC and Omaha areas! Feel free to message me or comment with any advice

User Stats

Votes
Reis Pieper
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Dec 21 2021, 09:26

Hey, Drake! 

Way to start taking action! House hacking is a great way to get started. My wife and I bought our first property earlier this year and have been slowly working on a variety of renovations. Our first tenant will be moving into the basement in January.

I'd love to connect with you after you get settled here in Omaha. I'd also be glad to connect you with a few different realtors/lenders that I know. Feel free to message me!

Reis

User Stats

Votes
Garett Weber
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City
Replied Dec 28 2021, 06:16

@Drake Foreman Starting off 2022 strong and taking action-- I like it! I can't help much as far as Omaha, but I'm happy to connect and chat about the KC market and share any contacts that may be helpful to you!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steven May
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Dec 29 2021, 08:51

Drake - Welcome to the forums. I am a agent and investor here in KC. Started with 2 house hacks myself and have helped several clients house hack SFHs up to quadplexes this year. Happy to chat and see if I can assist! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 29 2021, 20:52

Hey Drake!  I am local Realtor here in Omaha and would love to connect with you and help you in your journey to Omaha when you are ready to make the move! I have great lenders to pair you with as well! Feel free to shoot me a message

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Miller
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 10 2022, 04:52

Hey Drake, welcome to your REI journey. If you haven't already, I would suggest adding these two groups on Facebook: Omaha REIA and Omaha Real Estate Meetup. There is also an Rookie REIA Omaha Facebook group but it is newer. Both of them also have monthly meet ups. Let me know if you have any questions.

User Stats

Votes
Ted Kaasch
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 10 2022, 07:18

Drake I am very well connected in the Omaha area.  If you need some contacts just reach out.  

User Stats

Votes
Doug Todd
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 25 2022, 08:43

I only check this account once a month or so, but feel free to touch base anytime!  Doug