Section 8 or not?

1 Reply

One of my best tenants is going through a divorce and has asked if I would accept housing assistance. She is on the waiting list. I was honest with her and told her that I haven't dealt with this before and that I would check into it.
The property she occupies is a 900 sq ft 2 bed 1 bath with a family room and a non- conforming "office" in the basement with a single attached garage and a large shed in a fenced backyard. Rent on that property is $800/month and positive cash flow of $ 340/month.
I don't want to go any lower on the rent.
I would like to here from other investors here in Lincoln about their experienced dealing with Lincoln Housing Authority good or bad?

I have two tenants on section 8. There is a little bit of paperwork and an inspection you will have to go through. The inspection isn't that big of deal you can go online and find a list of things they look for. After you go through that they will let you know what the fair market rent is for you property, which I think is based partly on how the inspector is feeling that day and I have a feeling they base some of the rent value off zillows rent zestimate. Overall I have had a good experience working with the Lincoln housing authority. Feel free to give me a call I can explain more about everything and some things to watch out off.  Good luck.

Josh 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here