• Investor
  • FL/IL
Votes |
Condo Certs Fees Seller Paid After Offer Received - Several Qs

Wendy L.
  • Investor
  • FL/IL
Posted Dec 23 2018, 12:42

I posted this in the General Real Estate section, and then realized it would probably get more notice in the Henderson forum:

This is my first time selling a piece of real estate, a property in a gated community in Las Vegas, NV (I live in South Florida). Via my RE agent, I received an offer from two military veterans on November 25, which I accepted. Several days later, the title company sent me some Condo Certs links to pay for a "Full Resale Package and Disclosure" ($160) and a "Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act Disclosure" ($119). I signed a bunch of paperwork with a mobile notary at home and the closing date was supposed to be January 3rd. I got a message from my RE agent on December 21 that the VA loan fell through because one of the applicants did not have sufficient job history, and their earnest money was returned to them.

My questions are:

1) Did somebody jump the gun on the paperwork? (Why did I have to do all that paperwork when the buyer didn't have financing yet?) Silly me, I thought it was a done deal when I heard the closing date.

2) Was the "Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act Disclosure a legitimate seller's fee?

3) Am I going to have to pay for the HOA Resale Package again if I don't get another offer soon?

4) If I got another offer from a veteran, do I have to pay again for the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act Disclosure?

5) Is there any type of financing offer I should avoid? (dear G-d please send me a cash buyer)

6) What usually happens with earnest money when financing falls through?

I know my RE agent should be answering these questions, but he talks in such circles that I don't understand the answers (and due to his hefty contributions with renovations and other wonderful qualities I admire, I cannot consider anyone else)

Thank you for any contributions you can make to enlighten me.

W

Loading replies...