Best way to convert a half bath to a full bath?

2 Replies

Has anyone here converted a half bath to a full bath? The basement is finished and already has a bedroom and laundry room, but the bathroom is only a half bath (no idea why anyone would do that). I'm already looking at the cost to add a kitchenette, so how much more to convert the 1/2 bath to a full? I appreciate your help!

@Nancy Moustafa it depends on how nice of a bath. If there is space for it, you may be able to put one of those pre fabbed shower stalls in. The main issue will be the plumbing... if you have to put in an ejector pit that could get costly. I would anticipate around $2,000 worth of plumbing work and then another $1,000-3,000 for shower surround/custom tile (depends on your SOW). 

Originally posted by @John Warren :

@Nancy Moustafa it depends on how nice of a bath. If there is space for it, you may be able to put one of those pre fabbed shower stalls in. The main issue will be the plumbing... if you have to put in an ejector pit that could get costly. I would anticipate around $2,000 worth of plumbing work and then another $1,000-3,000 for shower surround/custom tile (depends on your SOW). 

Thanks so much, John! That's very helpful information!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here