• Newark NJ
Votes |
Neighborhoods in Newark - you impressions

Satha Palani
  • Investor
  • Newark NJ
Posted Feb 23 2017, 09:05

Hi,

I am new to the city and have a keen interest in real estate investing. I have been driving around the neighborhoods in the city trying to get a feel for what each of them have to offer in terms of vibe, potential etc. Here is a map i put together

Based on my limited knowledge of the city:

1 - City center - old building being rehabbed, some new construction; mostly condo. Mostly commercial. I felt like this is still a mixed bag but with potential as the new amenities get built out.

2. Area 1 - Did not get a great vibe from this neighborhood . too many boarded up homes, trash on the street etc

3 - Triangle below Uni - Closer to university hospital, the houses seem nicer, the closer i got the the freeway to the west, the more run down the neighborhood looked 

4 - Clinton Ave - Only drove around the cemetery area, some of the streets seemed very nice. Yards well kept. Spoke to an old lady who had lived there for 30+ years who liked living there. Parts of this neighborhood reminded me of the North side in Richmond Va where i am from.  

5 The wedge and area 2 - have not had the chance to survey yet.

I know a few drive bys are not enough to be able to understand the lay of the land so i may be totally of base; which is why i would love to hear from folks that are more seasoned 

Hope to get a good conversation going.

thanks,

satha

Loading replies...