Votes
Conway Churaman
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Man, this NYC forum is rather...sparse

Conway Churaman
  • New York City, NY
Posted Aug 20 2015, 19:54

Yes, I'm still in lurker mode.  And yes, I do realize I have to respond to several threads I started.....and I'll get to them.  

I just wanted to make a quick observation and say that this NYC area of the forum is very light on activity. Is the NYC area impossible to invest in and that's why there is so little activity in this section of the forum? Okay, perhaps not impossible but I get the feeling that NYC is one of the harder REI markets to invest in for beginners.

I wish Joshua and Brandon would invite an experienced NYC BP member willing to share their assessment of this market and the surrounding areas and unique strategies that would work for this local market.  Any insight would help really.

Should I be thinking of moving out of NYC for real before I can start investing?  

I know Brandon...I know!  I just can't move from the city at this time.  I need to hold on to this job for a little while longer.  And I've decided not to house hack my current Brooklyn residence I'm renting from and will not put in an offer to the owner.  It will cost too much money to renovate beyond the $35,000 maximum a 203k loan would provide.  Plus I would not be able to carry the mortgage by myself until the several months of renovations are completed.  It is just to risky for me as a beginner.  This means I have to move and find some place else to rent.  

This is oh so frustrating!

Loading replies...