House Hacking Charlotte Market

2 Replies | Charlotte, North Carolina

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dominic Stevens, and I graduate from UNCW in May, but I am moving to Charlotte to start a job in August. I wanted to gain some insight on what you guys believe are some of the best up and coming areas to begin investing in. I plan on house hacking and my work is going to be uptown so I would prefer to have a convenient commute, but I am flexible with this. Thank you in advance!

Dominic, congrats on the job and I think the housekacking strategy from the beginning is the way to go! I did a househack/live in flip in Gastonia that worked out really well before moving to the 28208 zip code that has huge upside in the coming years. I also just bought a duplex in Gastonia in January. I am not as familiar with the Concord and Kannapolis area but I have heard great things!

Would be happy to connect if you are interested!

Hey Dominic,

Congrats on the future graduation and landing a job!

Look at neighborhoods within a mile or a quick drive to a Linx Blue Line Light Rail stop. I currently am living in a house hack near Tom Hunter Station. The light rail goes right into uptown and has also spurred so much development around the stations (Think Appreciation/Path of progress). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Best,

Grant