• Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Votes |
Flipping Raleigh

Chris Martin
  • Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Posted Sep 11 2016, 05:09

Man, they are pumping up their seminars! Than Merrill and Fortune Builders are putting on their free seminar this week. Ads are on the radio, and apparently the TV too. I've never attended, but have read a including .

A , which I have attended, will set you back $138 for 27 hours of classroom instruction. I can recommend this class, called 'Flip It!', which contains local (Raleigh area) case study examples from a veteran instructor in the industry. It's not a sales pitch for follow on courses.

Regardless if you choose one or the other... or both or neither, just realize there are also not-so-well advertised local resources besides BP and REIs that can assist you in your journey.

This course examines investment opportunities in real estate, including personal residences, rental properties, and "flips," and shows participants how to determine which investment are smart ones. Current homeowners will learn to evaluate their homes as investments, calculating value accurately, considering improvements to increase value and marketability, and exploring financing options. Novice investors who want to start slowly will learn about taking advantage of a depressed market for short and long-term gains. Extensive Q & A will be part of the class, as well as site visits to possible investment properties.

Disclaimer: After taking the class, I have worked with the instructor on multiple deals.

Loading replies...