General Contractor Recommendations?

6 Replies | Greensboro, North Carolina

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for general contractors in the Greensboro area?  I'm collecting estimates for a job, but am having trouble finding contractors.  This particular job is replacing a ceiling in one room, and adding some can lights and a fan in that room; replacing insulation in the attic; installing soffit; and repairing some subflooring under the tub in the bathroom.

Thanks,

Mike

Originally posted by @Mike Maloy :

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for general contractors in the Greensboro area?  I'm collecting estimates for a job, but am having trouble finding contractors.  This particular job is replacing a ceiling in one room, and adding some can lights and a fan in that room; replacing insulation in the attic; installing soffit; and repairing some subflooring under the tub in the bathroom.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Just curious if you ever got this done?  I'm doing a reno in G'boro (using out of town subs,) and was wondering if you found someone good.  

I had four contractors come out to get estimates, and chose one.  At the time that I picked one, they were 4 - 6 weeks out before they could start, depending on the weather.  That was about 3 weeks ago, so it hasn't been done yet, just waiting on a start date that should be coming soon now.

@Jake Thornhill It worked out really well, and I was happy with my contractor.  I used CNE home improvements (http://www.cnehomeimprovement.com/).  They did really good work, I would recommend them.  They're a general contractor, so I'm sure I paid more than if I had found the subs myself.

@Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany No, I didn't do that.  If I was looking for sub contractors for an empty rehab, I'd try that.  But this was for the house I'm living in, so I wanted a general contractor that would handle all the subs, and that I knew had a good reputation