Votes
Timothy Carter
  • Westerville, OH
Votes |
Asking for advice on property locations

Timothy Carter
  • Westerville, OH
Posted Apr 23 2016, 13:38

Hi, I am still relatively new to the website but I have started to do a little reading on here and I have been starting to look up properties to see what my options are as far as trying to buy cash flow rental properties or flipping properties instead. 

All of the properties I have found so far that I might be able to buy and flip are really cheap but they are in areas where there is more crime than other parts of the city. I am worried that if I was able to buy a cheap house to try to flip that I wouldn't be able to sell it at all.

Some sources I have found online state the Columbus will continue to grow its population, and those people will need places to live and I'm sure some of them would like to live in a home that looks a little more modern. Some of the homes I have seen here date back to the early 1900's. Some might even be older. I am assuming that at some point in the future even the cheap properties will be bought up and renovated. However should I be the one that takes the risk first?

I am wondering what others here living in Columbus think of the cheap real estate that is south of the city? Should I just stay away from all of it? 

Loading replies...