• Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Cleveland CPA recommendations

Nick Gatins
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Jan 15 2022, 14:43

Hello BP friends,

I’ve got a house hack duplex in West Park and a W2 job… I got my real estate license back in November as well and am looking for CPA recommendations in the area as I look to file my 2021 taxes and seek efficient tax strategies in the future as I continue to build a portfolio of investments and get my realtor business off the ground. I’ve got a basic understanding of the tax benefits of real estate and how to maneuver, but I am looking to build a relationship with a local real estate friendly tax professional before things get too complicated to feasibly handle on my own. Any good recommendations I could contact?

I know there have been past posts about this, but some feel outdated and a lot of have “pm me for their contact info” … so I thought I’d start a fresh thread. Thanks in advance all!

Nick

User Stats

Votes
Brian Garlington
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Replied Jan 22 2022, 12:07

You don't need a Cleveland specific tax person for this. You need a tax expert that owns rental properties themselves and understands how you can optimize what you are trying to do. I've been using @Bill Hampton for years.