Skip to content
Cleveland Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
George H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Need a PM in Cleveland (Shaker Heights) Am I asking too much?

George H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted May 23 2018, 05:09

My situation is that I am due to close on a property mid June and I am still looking for a PM.

Since I deployed overseas, I need someone to take care of things until my return in November.

I wrote to a few yesterday. The only response so far was from a David with Re/Max property management. After asking if I would want to select criteria for a tenant and the length of agreement I was informed we were not a good fit.

My criteria was not overly hard to fill in my mind. Verified income/background for 5 years, 620 credit score, verified income 3 times the rent, no evictions filed, anyone over 18 gets same checks and is on the lease, and no pets. I also wanted to use leases and such that are Cleveland specific that I got here on BP.

I stated that I would prefer a 6 month agreement to ensure PM was doing as agreed upon. I got a short ‘no thanks, not a good fit’.

I can possibly understand his not wanting only a 6 month agreement. But as he was not specific for his reason of ‘not a good fit’. I understand they make their money primarily by placing tenants and collecting a share of rent. The less criteria, the easier to do so. 

I have no doubt some PM’s just want a warm body with upfront money. 

Again, am I asking too much to set minimum standards?

Loading replies...