Joseph Mercer
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Still Good Deals out there?

Joseph Mercer
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Sep 19 2018, 14:04

Hi guys,

New member here. I've been investing in SFH in A+ Cleveland neighborhood for the past 4 years. I self-manage these properties, doing reno work myself and liked how little I need to get involved. I'm still quite new and inexperienced in the investment world.

Currently I'm looking into expanding and building up my portfolio with MFH/Commercial in B/B+ neighborhood with some disposable W2 income. And I'm planning to use a property management company for these units as I don't want to deal with the headache, and also I potentially will move out of the state, so I want to establish these relationship now while I'm still in Cleveland. I personally have no experience in this market/neighborhood, so I'm looking for some general guidance.

From what I learned on the forum, it seems in order to avoid headache down the line, I should avoid any deals with less than $800 rent/unit. (Is this true for 1-bedroom apartment buildings as well?)  

And for it to be a good deal, purchase price needs to be about $60K per unit (reno cost + purchase). Anyone can comment on this?

Also, can anyone recommend an experienced agent who is tailored towards investors in CLE area?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...