• Knoxville, TN
Votes |
Northside - Did it just die?

Tae C.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted Aug 21 2018, 17:38

Hello all,

The subject line may be a bit overdramatized...but maybe not?  Just listed a finished rehab on Apjones last week. It’s not the greatest and nicest ever, but it’s solid and was decently priced. A bit on the higher end, but there were comps to support it. However, since listing it Thursday, we have gotten literally zero showing requests. Not even talking zero offers...I’m saying not even one request for a showing. And according to my agent, a lot of his colleagues are experiencing the same thing.  Just take a look around active listings, and you see a whole lot more price reductions than Pendings. 

So...to all the locals in Cincinnati (I’m out of state) - what the heck is happening?  It’s not like all the reasons that made Northside one of the hottest revitalizing areas over the past year or so has all of a sudden gone away.  If anything, from what I understand, there’s even more development taking place in that area as we speak.  Can anyone provide some more local intel?  My realtor says it’s not just a matter of mid August being traditionally slower (mine is 2br 1.5 ba so not a family demographic anyway), it’s unnaturally slow right now. 

Loading replies...