Roderick Mills Jr.
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
New Member from Cincinnati, Ohio

Roderick Mills Jr.
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Dec 14 2018, 09:49

Hi Everyone,

My name is Roderick Mills Jr. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and I am new here on BiggerPockets. I am 23 years old and recently graduated from college with a degree in Finance. I am currently playing professional basketball overseas as well as run a blog. One of my best friends started listening to the BiggerPockets podcast about a year ago and told me to check it out. Since then I have continued listening to both the BiggerPockets Real Estate & Money podcast and have done a lot of online research as well as reading. One of the first books I read on real estate was the Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing by Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner. I realize that many wealthy people have some type of real estate in their portfolio and realize the benefit real estate brings in creating long-term wealth. My current plan is to save and buy my first property at 25 and have either a 2-4 plex and do a house hack. I plan to implement the BRRR method on my first couple of properties to start the "Stack". Ultimately my goal is to create enough passive income through real estate to fund my lifestyle. I am going to be out of the country for 8-9 months out of the year playing but still want to see if a house hack would be possible since I am only in the country for 3 months and that is one of the areas I hope to get help and advice on with the BiggerPockets network. I realize I still have a lot to learn about this industry but am determined to attack this with the same focus and intensity as I do with being a professional basketball player and I look forward to expanding my network and becoming a more active member of the BiggerPockets community!

Thanks,
Rod

Loading replies...